Move your music from Mixxx to VirtualDJ using MIXO:BRIDGE.
Be aware, MIXO does not import beat grids & cue points from Mixxx. Please see how to backup your library before you export from MIXO here.
1. Exporting your playlists from Mixxx
To retrieve your playlists from Mixxx, use the following steps:
- Open Mixxx and expand the playlists folder
- Right-click the playlist you want to export
- Select Export playlist from the menu
- Choose a destination to export your playlist. Make sure the playlist is exported as an M3U.
Follow these steps for each playlist you want to import into MIXO
2. Importing your Mixxx playlists to MIXO
To import your playlists or entire collection from Mixxx go to
- SETTINGS > IMPORT > PLAYLISTS
- Click IMPORT PLAYLISTS
- Select the playlists you exported from Mixxx from the file browser
- Click Open to import the playlists
3. Exporting your collection & playlists from MIXO
Exporting music is a MIXO:GOLD feature. If you're not already a GOLD user, you'll automatically start a free 7 day GOLD trial.
To now export playlists or entire collections from MIXO to VirtualDJ:
- SETTINGS > EXPORT > VIRTUALDJ
- Click EXPORT
- A popup will show to confirm which playlists should be exported or if the whole library should be exported.
By default your files are exported to ..\Music\MIXO\Exports\VIRTUALDJ
4. Import your collection into VirtualDJ
To import the database.xml file you exported from MIXO into VirtualDJ, please follow these steps:
- Open the MIXO export folder at Music > MIXO > Exports > VIRTUALDJ
- Copy the exported database.xml file to your VirtualDJ folder.
Find out more
See how MIXO:BRIDGE works.
Mixxx to Rekordbox
Mixxx to Serato
Mixxx to Engine Prime
Mixxx to Djay Pro
Mixxx to Cross DJ
Mixxx to Deckadance 2
Mixxx to DEX 3
Mixxx to Traktor
Mixxx to Ultramixer
Mixxx to Magix Digital DJ
Traktor to VirtualDJ
Rekordbox to VirtualDJ
Serato to VirtualDJ
Engine Prime to VirtualDJ
Djay Pro to VirtualDJ
Cross DJ to VirtualDJ
Deckadance 2 to VirtualDJ
DEX 3 to VirtualDJ
Ultramixer to VirtualDJ
Magix Digital DJ to VirtualDJ
If you're looking to back up your music to the cloud, move playlists between DJ Software or want the freedom to manage your entire library on your mobile, sign up to MIXO for free.