Move your music from Mixxx to Serato using MIXO:BRIDGE.
Be aware, MIXO does not import beat grids & cue points from Mixxx. Please see how to backup your library before you export from MIXO here.
1. Exporting your playlists from Mixxx
To retrieve your playlists from Mixxx, use the following steps:
- Open Mixxx and expand the playlists folder
- Right-click the playlist you want to export
- Select Export playlist from the menu
- Choose a destination to export your playlist. Make sure the playlist is exported as an M3U.
Follow these steps for each playlist you want to import into MIXO
2. Importing your Mixxx playlists to MIXO
To import your playlists or entire collection from Mixxx go to
- SETTINGS > IMPORT > PLAYLISTS
- Click IMPORT PLAYLISTS
- Select the playlists you exported from Mixxx from the file browser
- Click Open to import the playlists
Exporting Collections & Playlists:
Exporting music is a MIXO:GOLD feature. If you're not already a GOLD user, you'll automatically start a free 7 day GOLD trial.
1. Export your collection & playlists to Serato using crates
You can now export 'crate' files directly to Serato's 'Subcrates' system folder, so when you next launch Serato you'll see all your playlists.
We also provide the option to directly update your track's ID3 tags with metadata and cues. Please make sure to backup your library first and please see the terms here.
Please note: your tracks must be stored on the same drive you export your crate to, otherwise Serato cannot read the files.
For example, if they are on an external USB or hard drive, the crate or crates need to be saved to *drivename*/_Serato_/Subcrates. You can select this by clicking on the CHANGE EXPORT FOLDER button and selecting the relevant Subcrates folder.
- To export your playlists or entire collection from MIXO go to SETTINGS > EXPORT > SERATO.
- As stated above, change the export folder as needed depending on where your tracks are stored.
- Click EXPORT
Find out more
See how MIXO:BRIDGE works.
Mixxx to Rekordbox
Mixxx to VirtualDJ
Mixxx to Engine Prime
Mixxx to Djay Pro
Mixxx to Cross DJ
Mixxx to Deckadance 2
Mixxx to DEX 3
Mixxx to Traktor
Mixxx to Ultramixer
Mixxx to Magix Digital DJ
If you're looking to back up your music to the cloud, move playlists between DJ Software or want the freedom to manage your entire library on your mobile, sign up to MIXO for free.